PLEASE NOTE: Events subject to change. Always check the current issue of the KBA newsletter for updates.
The Twenty Fifth Annual KBA Winter Bluegrass Show is February 21-22, 2014, Wichita, KS
Click here for details about the 2014 Winter Bluegrass Festival.
Pickin' Picnics - Day Visitors Welcome
We have pickin' picnics weekends from April through October as scheduled below. On Saturday evening there is a picnic potluck dinner at 6:00 PM so be sure to bring a dish to share, your own table service and drink and join in the fun. There are no park fees for day visitors. Note: No picnic in September during Walnut Valley Festival.
2013 Pickin' Picnics: (subject to change - check back later for updates)
Contact Kerry Harrison at 316-524-6795 for additional info. As always, call or check your KBA newsletter for the latest information about dates, times and locations.
Monthly Kansas Bluegrass Association Jam
There is a bluegrass jam session the first and third Saturday of each month (except September) at the Immanuel Baptist church in Wichita. These jams are an open informal session (bluegrass, of course) with players of many levels. All are welcome to come to just listen, or bring your instrument and participate at your comfort level.
Immanuel Baptist Church
1415 South Topeka
10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Saturday, August 17
Saturday, September 7
Saturday, September 21
Saturday, October 5
Saturday, October 19
Saturday, November 2
Saturday, November 16
Saturday, December 7
Saturday, December 21
More monthly jams reported by our members
- Cottonwood Falls, Kansas - Bluegrass jam the second Friday of each month, 7:30 pm at Emma Chase Music Hall, 317 Broadway, Cottonwood Falls, KS. This jam has been going on for the past few years. Contact: Emma Chase Cafe @ (620) 273-6020 or email - email@example.com
- Garden City, Kansas - third Thursday of each month, 7-9:00 pm at Kadee's Coffee Break, 210 E. Spruce Street. Some good basic folk and bluegrass pickin and a guaranteed audience. This jam has been going on for the past two years. Contact: Kadee's Coffee Break @ (620) 271-9555 or Marty - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liberal, Kansas - 2nd Tuesday of each month, 6:30 - 9:00 at the Baker Arts Center, brand new jam with a focus on bluegrass and folk music. This is in a nice place with a dedicated audience. Contact: Baker Arts Center @ (620) 624-2810 or Marty - email@example.com
- McPherson, Kansas - Last Thursday of each month, 7-10 pm at First Christian Church, 101 South Walnut. More Info: Roscoe Beasley, (620) 242-3677
- Topeka, Kansas - First Saturday of each month August-May, (no jam in June or July) 3:00 - 5:00 pm at Potwin Presbytarian Church, 400 SW Washburn Ave. Contact: Ken Hagen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Events Last Updated: 8/1/2013